[#390502] upgrading bzr trunk to 2a

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Sep 1 07:05:11 BST 2009

I think now would be a great time to switch the bzr trunk to 2a format.

After some discussion what I propose to do is:

0- Test upgrading bzr.dev on my own machine
1- Ask a friendly sysadmin to upgrade the master branch controlled by
pqm to format 2a and check it;
2- Push from that pqm master to lp:~bzr-pqm/bzr/trunk2a
3- Configure pqm to use that as the public location of the branch.
This will mean that commits in pqm will be immediately available on lp
rather than waiting to be mirrored.  It may require people to change
the destination url when they submit to pqm.
4- Change the development focus and series branch, so that lp:bzr
points to this new branch and newly created branches will be stacked
on it.
5- Repeat this for active series branches (1.18 etc)

I don't think this requires intervention from anyone except some help
from spm to do the upgrade and I'll send mail about any changes needed
to your pqm-submit setup.  If you see any problems with it, yell now.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>