metronome mail for Bazaar 2.0 and 1.18

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at canonical.com
Fri Aug 28 18:58:12 BST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 05:34:52PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> As explained in other threads about bug work, Robert and I reviewed
> the 2.0 bugs and either cleared off those that are not necessary, or
> marked the necessary ones critical.

One which is not there is the actual move of trunk to 2.0. But AIUI
there is a plan to get this done, and I'm keen on seeing this happen
because I know the Bazaar team itself uses the width of the UI, and that
is likely to shake out some unknowns.

> For the general community, I'd say that testing of 2.0rc1, especially
> testing of 2a upgrades, are highly useful, as is helping other people

Apart from feedback from the Launchpad team, what anecdotal evidence do
we have of 2.0 quality?

> In Karmic we currently have 1.18-0ubuntu1 and we still have to bring
> the key plugins up to date with 2.0, and the beta freeze is September.

When exactly in September? If we are doing the work in updating plugins,
is it milestoned appropriately? The 2.0 use of a milestone has been very
successful so far..
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko