Is Launchpad in trouble ?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Aug 28 08:02:48 BST 2009

2009/8/28 Russel Winder <russel.winder at concertant.com>:
> Is it just me or do other people have problem accessing Code tabs on
> Launchapd these days.  I invariable get:

Since you ask, no, I'm not having many timeouts using Launchpad
recently, and certainly not invariably.  I'm sorry you're hitting
them.

It's not totally irrelevant to Bazaar, but I really think you'd be
better off raising posting this mail to launchpad-users, where the
people who maintain that system are more likely to be reading.

>        Timeout error
>        Our edge server has a lower timeout threshold than launchpad.net, so we can catch those before they hit a wider audience. As a member of the Launchpad Beta Testers team, you're more likely to experience them. If this is blocking your work, you can disable redirection.
>
>        Disable redirection for 2 hours
>
>        Sorry, something just went wrong in Launchpad.
>
>        We’ve recorded what happened, and we’ll fix it as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.
>
>        Trying again in a couple of minutes might work.
>
>        (Error ID: OOPS-1336F604)
>

> But I am not using the edge server (whatever that is, I am using
> Launchpad.

If you're getting this message and the url bar doesn't contain 'edge'
then that seems strange.

See https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+faq/75

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>