RFC: bug-handling doc tweaks

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:10:08 BST 2009

2009/8/27 Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com>:

> ..., and it's fine if people
> steal assigned but not in-progress bugs.

I also think that assigned-but-not-in-progress bugs should still be
free for all,
isn't that the whole point of being able to set it to be in progress?
If you are at the point of asking somebody if they are busy with it
when its not in progress and not branches linked, I'd think you can
just assign it to yourself and mark it in progress.
I think if its common practice for assigned-but-not-in-progress bugs
to get cooped,
people will take more care to mark things in progress when they
actually start working on it.

>> Assignment
>> Assigning a bug to yourself, or someone else, indicates a real intention
>> to work on that bug soon.

'soon' here is a bit of a relative term, which I have wondered about.
For you full-time guys this may mean a week or two,
but for part-timers like me my top 3 bzr todo's can take several months.
So I'd suggest that a specific time guideline would help people to decide
and manage expectations better. eg. 2 weeks

--
<| my2c