[ANN] vcs-fast-import-devs team/mailing list

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Fri Aug 28 03:40:30 BST 2009

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the formation of a team and mailing list
dedicated to advancing VCS fast-import technology across the major
version control tools in a coordinated manner. So far, the team includes
members from the Bazaar, Darcs, Git, Mercurial and Perforce communities.
 It is hoped that developers from other VCS communities will also get
involved.

As Shawn Pearce, the primary developer of git-fast-import, recently
stated ...

"We are too scattered on our own isolated lists, but this is one area
where we really do want to work together as much as is feasible. ... I
propose that *any* change related to the import/export tools for a given
VCS be drive-by CC'd onto this list."

If you would like to join the team, please visit
https://launchpad.net/~vcs-fast-import-devs/+join and sign up. Please
forward this invitation to anyone you know who may be interested in
getting involved.

Ian C.