Maintaning local changes

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Aug 28 01:01:47 BST 2009

2009/8/28 Danny van Heumen <danny at dannyvanheumen.nl>:
> And what about simply shelving your private changes before a
> commit/push? ('shelve' was already suggested by someone)
>
> If the changes are pretty small and easily recognizable at least, it
> should be pretty straight-forward to just shelve those few changes
> before committing.

That's can work well, but if you have to shelve and unshelve them on
every commit there's a good chance you'll eventually get it wrong and
either lose your changes or push them accidentally.

Robert had an interesting idea called "marks" or "masks" for doing
this - I think it may fit into my idea for refactoring content
filtering.  Perhaps we should move more of them into DraftSpecs on the
wiki - that name makes it more clear they really are drafts, but also
is a bit more lightweight than blueprints.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>