RFC: 'bzr st' should show branch when its a lightweight checkout

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Wed Aug 26 13:19:34 BST 2009

    Ian> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
    >> Robert Collins wrote:
    >>> bzr loom does this - it shows 'current thread', and thats highly useful.
    >>
    >>> Using lightweight checkouts more, I've made a couple of booboos which
    >>> this would have prevented.
    >>
    >>> Discuss!
    >>

    >> I show the branch in my shell, which is far more useful (for me).
    >>
    >> jameinel at samus ~/dev/bzr/work {lp/2.0b1-stable-groupcompress-order}

    Ian> And for a lightweight checkout, explorer shows the branch in the tab
    Ian> name and title bar.

Right, so everybody shows that information ?

bzr should do it too !!!!

More seriously, if so many tools felt the need to show it,
clearly bzr must shows it and status seems a good place.

I personally don't use lightweight checkouts, but heavily use bzr
info and bzr status and bzr diff, so I'd like to have that info
there as well (diff), but st will good enough.