RFC: 'bzr st' should show branch when its a lightweight checkout

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Aug 26 06:19:56 BST 2009

2009/8/26 Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>:
> bzr loom does this - it shows 'current thread', and thats highly useful.
>
> Using lightweight checkouts more, I've made a couple of booboos which
> this would have prevented.
>
> Discuss!

My initial reaction is that you should use bzr info for that instead.

I suppose it comes down to whether bzr st shows you what files are
changed, or more general stuff about the state of your tree.  I
suppose it does show pending merges, but then they are something that
bzr commit will commit.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>