Bazaar and Eclipse

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Tue Aug 25 12:54:56 BST 2009

Russel Winder wrote:
> Currently we have BzrEclipse and QBzrEclipse.

> In a previous exchange on this list, it was intimated that there was to
> be a merging of these two to create a single BazaarEclipse plugin.  Has
> anyone put together a roadmap for this

Not yet - it's a plan in principle but no-one is actively working on it
to my knowledge. The current focus w.r.t. IDE integration is getting the
proposed common building blocks complete and rock solid, i.e.:

* the QBzr dialogs
* a common Bazaar menu defined in xml
* common type-specific context menus defined in xml (not yet done).

The intention is to make it dirt simple for IDE developers to get a
*functional* integration with Bazaar up and going quickly. They are
welcome to then go ahead and develop native dialogs, or other added
value, as makes sense.

Ian C.