Starting Bazaar Explorer

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Tue Aug 25 09:41:53 BST 2009

Alexander,

> OK, I've committed bzr-explorer.desktop to trunk. If anybody can test
> it, please say is it working.

Initially the icon in Nautilus was just the text content rendering as
for any text file of unknown purpose.  I dragged and dropped it to the
desktop on Ubuntu and then tried double clicking it.  It was not a
trusted launcher so I gave it my trust.  The rendering changed to some
icon with gears (doesn't look very Bazaar branded) with the label
"Desktop interface to the Bazaar VCS".  I think this should read "Bazaar
Explorer".  Double clicking it brings up Bazaar Explorer :-)

Now the question is how to get it in the Programming sub-menu alongside
the Olive GTK entry.    Dragging and cropping from the Desktop to the
Main Menu edit works, but there is no icon for the entry :-(

BTW  My Programming menu already has entries:

	Bazaar
	Bazaar Notification

I have no idea what these are for, does anyone?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder