Creating a new branch based off sub-directory of an existing branch?

keith321 keith.hughitt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 21:11:29 BST 2009

Hi Phillipe,

Thanks for the suggestion. The split command looks like it would be perfect
for what I want to do. Unfortunately, it seems to only be supported by
alternative bzr storage formats. When I attempted to use the command, an
error occured:

$ bzr split my-subdir
bzr: ERROR: To use this feature you must upgrade your branch at file:///...
to a format which supports rich roots.

Since I don't know enough about the different formats, and since it also
seems like they are still in the developmental phase
(http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/developers/development-repo.html#format-details),
I think for now I will just stick with the less attractive method of
branching and deleting.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Take care,
Keith