metronome mail for Bazaar 2.0 and 1.18

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Aug 21 00:17:11 BST 2009

2009/8/21 Christian Robottom Reis <kiko at canonical.com>:
>> The 2.0-targeted bugs have progressed pretty well this week, with many
>> all of the critical (ie "absolutely must do") bugs now fixed, in
>> progress or merged.  However, there are still some that might block
>
> The three remaining Criticals are still unassigned, btw.

Yes, I know.  Someone should take them soon, when nothing else
important is in progress.

I would ask people to think really hard before starting any new work
that's not one of these.

We could pick people now to assign them to but that's possibly just
obscuring information; seeing when someone accepts them is useful.

I'd also mention that <https://edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+milestone/2.0>
is one of my favourite workflow-oriented pages in Launchpad at the
moment.  I wish we could also get this for a tag, so that we could
easily get a similar view of say all hpssvfs bugs, done or not.

>> I believe Robert's iter changes for commit
>> <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/347649> is blocked on a
>> discussion of iter_changes with Aaron, who's offline at the moment.
>> Let's break that tie this week and let Robert either land it or know
>> what to change.  Maybe John can do that?
>
> Did this get unblocked?

Not yet, maybe I can do that today.

>> We have quite over 20 patches in
>> <https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+activereviews> and 8 approved in
>> <https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+approvedmerges> - to be honest
>> not all are urgent but all do represent work that's getting stale.  So
>> if you can review them, or land them, that's very good.  There's a few
>> still in bundle buggy, which may be getting a bit neglected.  I think
>> many are controversial ones for nested trees.
>
> Do any of these risk destabilizing us at this point?

We've branched off 2.0 today and I've asked people to be selective in
what they merge.  I don't want to say "high importance or above"
because it depends on the impact of the changes, but it should be
something like that.

> It was a great first cut. A metronome is usually shorter and more
> compact -- just the statistics, links and one or two paragraphs with a
> small commentary. It needs to be quick to produce. But for a kick-off
> email, this had enough information for the audience.

They usually are, this just seemed like a good time for a larger checkpoint.

I've made one other change relevant to this which is to trim down
<http://bazaar-vcs.org/Roadmap> to just give an overview and pointers
into the milestone page.  Putting specific bugs in there is kind of
useful, but rather manual, and the milestone page is good enough to
replace it.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>