metronome mail for Bazaar 2.0 and 1.18

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Aug 20 22:32:21 BST 2009

2009/8/20 Steve Langasek <steve.langasek at canonical.com>:
>> 2.0beta1 early next week, so that there is a 2.0 in Karmic before the
>> feature freeze, and we'll then deliver only bug fixes leading up to
>> and beyond their release.
>
> Do you anticipate the 2.0 final release being available before the Ubuntu
> 9.10 final release, or are you asking for an SRU policy exception to let 2.0
> be published to karmic-updates?
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Special%20Cases)

2.0final should be available before the Karmic release, hopefully
considerably before.

When I said 'beyond' I meant that in accordance with our new stable
release plan <http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/developers/cycle.html>
we're going to make bugfix-only 2.0.x releases that are good
candidates for going into karmic-updates through the regular SRU
process.  They'll have (reasonably) minimal changes to fix bugs
without changing APIs or affecting interoperability.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>