Official 1.18rc1 announcement?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Aug 20 08:53:28 BST 2009

2009/8/20 Gary van der Merwe <garyvdm at gmail.com>:
>> That's true.  It's too manual.
>
> Can I suggest need a wiki page (or some thing easier to setup), per
> release, where we have a check list of binarys that need to be built,
> and once each one is built, it gets checked, and then it is easy to
> see that they are all built, so the release announcement can be sent.

I think the list of what *has* been done is fairly obvious in the
downloads page, and the list of what should be done is still fairly
obvious - one can always just compare to the last release if there's
any doubt.

I think the process problem is that it introduces a new handoff: "wait
a few days, then come back and check and if done XXX".  That's not a
great thing to have in the process at the best of times, and this time
it was a combination of my schedule being disrupted and it being a new
process that lead me to forget it.

What we probably should do is say: whoever builds the last installer
(or each installer) should ping the rm to anounce the release.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>