[RFD] Merge proposals and code reviews too private

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Aug 19 21:13:10 BST 2009

Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:20:12AM -0400 I heard the voice of
> Aaron Bentley, and lo! it spake thus:
>> Code review is easy to subscribe to, for those interested.  Perhaps
>> we should make that clearer.
>
> We should.  *I* didn't know it existed, and I wouldn't have had any
> idea where to go look for it if I suspected it did.

One thing I think is missing is being able to subscribe to code review
for the project. If we use series as I believe LP intends, cherry-picks
for critical bugs would have targets of the series branch. As the
subscription you propose is based on subscribing to branches, it would
require you to subscribe to each release branch as it was created to
receive all code review mail.

I agree with the other points Matthew made in his mail.

Thanks,

James