lp:~goneri/bzr-fastimport/goneri merge

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Wed Aug 19 09:07:43 BST 2009

Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
> So I did a merge request
> https://code.launchpad.net/~goneri/bzr-fastimport/goneri/+merge/10117
>
> It's a first patch against bzr source base and I would be glade to get
> some feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for the patch. I'm still trying to understand exactly what the
bug is that's breaking git-bzr. Is there a stacktrace uploaded somewhere?

There seems to be two bits to this patch:

* handling an empty stdin
* some changes to mark parsing/processing

I'd like to break those out into two separate merge proposals. The first
one looks much easier to make a decision on and we can hopefully resolve
it quickly.

The second issue is more complex and I'd like to understand what it is
about your changes that fixes it. Currently, I'm not comfortable with
your changes to parser.py because 'from' and 'merge' (for example) take
"committish" as a parameter, not always a mark (":idref"). And most of
the other changes seem to flow directly from these changes to the parser?

BTW, a lot of the fastimport code is used by Greg Ward in hg-fastimport
so we'll need to include him in the loop on any changes to parser.py and
commands.py for example. See
https://code.launchpad.net/~gward/bzr-fastimport/reusable.

In summary, this isn't ready to merge just yet. If I can more clearly
understand what's breaking, perhaps an easier fix (e.g. changing how we
read/write the mark files) will fall out?

Ian C.