[RFD] Merge proposals and code reviews too private

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Aug 18 10:27:01 BST 2009

We are now using launchpad to track the merge proposals instead
of our beloved bundle buggy, for quite some time and with great
success.

Yet, it appears that some people feel that all the reviews are
now happening behind close doors...eeerk, talk about bad
perceptions :-D

We had talks about tagging the mails on the list so that people
can tweak their subscriptions and ignore (or select :) such merge
related mails.

I for one didn't realize the problem because my filters are such
that all merge proposal mails end in the same mailbox as the
list...

I also confess that I don't remember what I did (or didn't) to
receive the merge related mails...

But I think we may want to check that either:
- everybody is ok with the actual layout,
- change the way it works today to ensure an easy access

If we want to change, I think we need to:
- send all merge proposal related mails to
  bazaar at lists.canonical.com,
- ensure that they carry the right category info (AFAICS we have
  'codereview' and 'everythingelse' defined),
- remind every subscriber to update their preferences.

Thoughts ?

         Vincent