Benchmark: Git 1.6.3.3, Hg 1.3.1, Bzr 1.17

Jean-Francois Roy bahamut at macstorm.org
Mon Aug 17 16:26:37 BST 2009

This data is a little bit concerning. It would seem, without digging
too much into the methodology, that 2a has no appreciable impact on
speed, although it seems competiive on size.

I'm ready to accept that bzr is slower than git because of Python, but
its discrepency versus hg is too large...

On another note Jari, unless you created a repository for bzr, the
clone (or branch) operation is going to be much more expensive than
without because it will copy the history data to the new branch. If
you didn't make one, it would be nice to see numbers with a 2a
repository.

Jean-François Roy

Sent from my iPhone