bzr-svn: Pushing existing BZR to new SVN repo.

Eric Berry elberry at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:47:03 BST 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:

> 2009/8/16 Eric Berry <elberry at gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >     I have a local bzr branch which I need to store in svn as well. I've
> > already created a svn repo to house it, but when I try to push the branch
> > svn, it says that the branches have diverged, and I need to merge. I
> can't
> > seem to figure out the right merge parameters, as I get an error
> specifying
> > that the two branches don't have a common ancestor, and none of the
> > revisions I use work.
>
> Normally if there is no ancestry in common then doing
>
>  bzr merge -r 0..
>
> will force it.

I'm not quite sure where to do this from.

I've tried merging the svn repo into my local branch using -r 0. I've also
tried checking out the svn repo locally, and merging my local bzr branch
into it. Both result in a "nothing to do" message.

If I do the second one without the -r 0, I get this error:
bzr: ERROR: Prefix missing for branches/PluginDeveloper; please create it
before pushing.

> > I looked around the web for this and found a link to a non-existent page:
> > http://samba.org/~jelmer/bzr-svn/FAQ.html<http://samba.org/%7Ejelmer/bzr-svn/FAQ.html>
> >
> > Is there a new location for these faqs? Or could someone please send me
> the
> > commands I need to use?
>
> I don't know, sorry.
>
> There are questions in https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/bthoughzr-svn<https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/bzr-svn>but no faqs.

Thank you for the link. I found this question there:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/bzr-svn/+question/9223

And it seems that the bzr-svn plugin should be able to do this now, so I
must be doing something wrong.

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000