Call for testing: cvs2bzr

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Fri Aug 14 09:09:30 BST 2009

Hi all,

I've made a patch to cvs2svn so that it includes a new cvs2bzr script.
I'd like to get this script included upstream but it needs some testing
first from people with real CVS repositories. A Bazaar branch with the
patch included is available here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ian-clatworthy/+junk/cvs2svn.

If you have a CVS repository lying around, please, please, please give
cvs2bzr a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Ian C.

PS: cvs2bzr actually generates a Bazaar-friendly fast-import stream. To
get a real Bazaar repository, grab rev 205 or later of lp:bzr-fastimport
and run these commands:

  bzr fast-export-from-cvs path-to-repo xxx.fi
  bzr init-repo --2a xxx.bzr
  cd xxx.bzr
  bzr fast-import ../xxx.fi

The "fast-export-from-cvs" command uses cvs2bzr under the covers so it
needs to be on your path.