Lessons learned from handling text end-of-line conventions?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Aug 14 03:15:33 BST 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 01:18:51PM +1000 I heard the voice of
Ben Finney, and lo! it spake thus:

> This is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to point them to. Do you
> have a representative thread showing these tradeoff discussions and
> frustrations encountered?

One thing to note is that their idea of tradeoffs will probably be
rather different.  For instance, one of the big stumbling points of
per-branch rules is heavy resistance to a $ROOT/.bzrrules file in the
WT.  hg even puts _tags_ in the WT, so they won't care for a second
about doing so, even if we shy away from it.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net