RFC: remove traceback from "newer branch format than your bzr"

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Aug 12 16:18:40 BST 2009

2009/8/12 Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net>:
> Martin Pool пишет:

>>> It's pure Python. It should work there, or at least not be too hard to fix.
>>
>> I looked through it a bit.  There is some Linux-specific code, but
>> it's segregated and seems to make an effort not to rely on anything OS
>> specific.  I'm confident the apport authors would take patches to make
>> it work on Windows - and there are some test suites.
>
> On screenshots I see the GTK-based GUI dialogs. IIUC this should be ported to use PyQt4 and don't rely on QBzr at all, i.e. completely separate.

So the patch I've put up, which is (when John's review comments are
addressed) I think a good first step, doesn't use any apport guis or
automatic-filing features.  It just formats a file (which should be
totally os-independent) and gathers some process data, which should be
pretty much OS independent.  Then we can see if users like it, if
developers like it, if it gets in the way, and so on.

One problem I can think of now is that at the moment we get a
traceback in the main bug description, and this would put it in an
attachment file.  But we could have a robot that moves it around or
something.

In Ubuntu I can see there is an apport-kde package so presumably that
would be the code you need.  Again there may be bugs but I'd hope
pretty small ones.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>