RFC: remove traceback from "newer branch format than your bzr"

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Aug 11 09:03:49 BST 2009

Thanks for raising this; I think there's a few bugs here.

1- This particular case should cause a nice message not a KeyError.
If it's still in bzr.dev it's just a bug.  Perhaps it should actually
mention the url for newer releases.

2- I agree with Russel we should only log the exception by default,
though having a means to turn it on (like -Derror) only for unexpected
errors would be good.  This would implicitly fix some bug reports
about eg socketerror causing a traceback - it will still be not ideal
that we just say "no route to host" but it looks better.

Does anyone disagree?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>