Bazaar Licenses

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Aug 11 00:52:25 BST 2009

2009/8/11 Usher, Sean (Sean) <susher at avaya.com>:
> Hello,
>

> My company is wanting to use Bazaar, but our legal team likes us to stay
> away from GPL.  I saw that Bazaar will license under different licenses, and
> I was unsure if that meant different versions of GPL, or if a completely
> different license was negotiable.  If anyone has information on this I would
> appreciate it.  I tried speaking with Cononical awhile back, but they were
> unable to give me this information.

Hi Sean,

I'll contact you off the list and we can talk about your particular
concerns.  One option would be for you to take a support contract with
Canonical -- there is of course no requirement for you to use this to
run GPL'd software, but having a contract specifically addressed to
you might ally your legal team's concerns, and of course you would
also get priority support.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>