recursive commands?

Adrian Wilkins adrian.wilkins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 10:27:09 BST 2009

> From: "Michael B. Trausch" <mbt at zest.trausch.us>

> I think it is different on Windows, but I think that Python probably
> emulates sane behavior there.  Someone who knows anything about Python on
> Win32 would be able to clear that up, I think.

Bazaar expands globs on some commands via the _maybe_expand_globs method
on the command class. It uses the Python glob library.

This of course leads to different behaviour between platforms because
some commands don't expand globs (e.g. ignore) because they had no need
to do so, so on Windows, quoting globs is unnecessary. I've got into the
habit of doing it anyway because I use Linux quite a lot as well now.