how remerge works and when to use it?

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Aug 6 07:18:37 BST 2009

Eric Siegerman пишет:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 20:41 +0300, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> I'm just curious and I'm writing new article about merge and conflicts
> in bzr, so any additional
>> hints on this command is much appreciated.
>
> Be aware of https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/409555 -- might
> be a good thing to mention in your article.

Ouch! hank you for pointing this. I was under impression that remerge touch only files with
conflicts, but in fact it seems remerge entire tree? Strange. I think it's the more serious bug in
remerge behavior than John thinks, because the help for remerge command said:

Examples:
    Re-do the merge of all conflicted files, and show the base text in
    conflict regions, in addition to the usual THIS and OTHER texts:

        bzr remerge --show-base

Note: "Re-do the merge of all *conflicted* files" -- not all files!

This bug makes remerge the dangerous tool.