user guide help (definitions of terms)

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Aug 5 07:01:28 BST 2009

Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

> 2009/8/5 Ben Finney <ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au>:
> > What is a “working tree” in Bazaar-speke? What does Bazaar call “the
> > actual set of version-controlled files as they currently exist on
> > the filesystem”?
>
> The working tree is these files plus the metadata about them which
> lives in .bzr/checkout, and remembers their file ids, pending merges,
> conflicts, etc. This is represented, oddly enough, by the WorkingTree
> class hierarchy.

Okay. When I use the term, it's specifically in contrast to any data
stored by Bazaar. So what term should be used for “the actual set of
version-controlled files as they currently exist on the filesystem”
*without* any connotation of additional Bazaar-stored data?

--
 \     “To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an |
  `\                   authority myself.” —Albert Einstein, 1930-09-18 |