user guide help (definitions of terms)

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Aug 5 02:01:45 BST 2009

Inky 788 <inky788 at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a distinction between the actual state of the physical files
> after a commit and some object in my project's .bzr dir representing
> that state?

In the same vein: I normally would refer to “the actual set of
version-controlled files as they currently exist on the filesystem” as
“working tree”. I'm beginning to suspect that Bazaar uses that term for
something different.

What is a “working tree” in Bazaar-speke? What does Bazaar call “the

--
 \         “To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you |
  `\                            must also be well-mannered.” —Voltaire |