1.17 installation problems on OS X 10.5

Guillermo Gonzalez guillo.gonzo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:28:15 BST 2009

Hi Carl,

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Carl Pulley<c.pulley at acme-labs.org.uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>  I'm having an issue with upgrading from bazaar 1.16.1 to 1.17 on OS X
> 10.5.7 - I'm installing bazaar from your download page (sorry, but I prefer
> to avoid using fink or macports).
>
> Currently, you only have 1.16.1 listed against 10.5 on your download page.
> If I chose either of the python offerings for an install of bazaar 1.17 from
> the OS X 10.4 listings, installation fails telling me I should upgrade my
> python to 2.5.

The 1.17 installer for 10.5 is listed in the Download page <http://bazaar-vcs.org/Download>.

The 10.4 installer don't work on 10.5, because it depends on a MacPython install as 10.4 ships python 2.3 by default, and the locations of python site-packages is different (MacPython install vs OSX 10.5 default python 2.5 install)

[snip]
> Any help in progressing the issue is very much appreciated,

Please try with the 10.5 installer.

Regards,

--
Guillermo Gonzalez