bzr merge failure

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Fri Jul 31 12:03:02 BST 2009

Hi Martin,

Done: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/407303

> I suspect you just will not be able to commit those filenames in
> current bzr - you have written a good test case for us as well as your
> current format.  If the commit succeeded but wrote data it can't merge
> that would be a more serious bug.

The commit does appear to have succeeded - on the feature branch:

   52 Gavin Carr        2009-07-31
      Add Changes entry.

   51 Gavin Carr        2009-07-29
      Add t/05-filename-escaping.t unit test and data to MANIFEST.

   50 Gavin Carr        2009-07-29
      Add t/05-filename-escaping.t unit test, and t/data_weird_filenames data directory.

   49 Gavin Carr        2009-07-29
      Add String::Escape unescaping of metafile paths in Brackup::Restore.

but I can't do any diffs including or after r50 to prove it, failing
with the same error:

  nox:~/work/brackup/escape$ bzr diff -r 48..50
  bzr: ERROR: not well-formed (invalid token): line 90, column 81

Diffs before r50 work fine.

> I would be interested in whether you can reproduce this if you start a
> new branch in 2a format.  I think it should work there.

Yes, a 2a branch seems to work correctly - diff, status, and merge
all work across that problematic revision just fine.

How ready-to-use is 2a? It sounds like I may not be able get this
changeset in without upgrading to it - is that likely to cause me
pain down the road?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Gavin