metronome mail for Bazaar 2.0 (or 1.18) - 6 August

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Jul 30 03:26:30 BST 2009

There were some interesting suggestions in this thread to which I'll
reply separately, but firstly I want to keep the metronome ticking:

We'll keep heading for 2.0 in this release, but allow for a beta
period on a release branch before 2.0.  The end of next week, the
6/7th of August, we'll branch and make a beta1.  That will allow for
some testing but also to make bugfix changes before the final release.
 We can adapt to test feedback but I see something like this:

  6 aug

We can start our six-month cycle on this release, with a 2.0.1
following on from this release.

> The bugs targeted to this release are visible in
> <https://edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+milestone/2.0>, of which the most
> important are:
>
>  * setting the default format and fixing any tests from that
>  * various errors raised during 2a
>  * fixing bundles with 2a to use inventory deltas
>  * fixing InterDifferingSerializer on stacked branches

These have progressed but all still need work.

Karmic's feature freeze is the 27th of August - after that date we can
land only bugfixes.  The beta freeze is the 24th of September.  If we
do 2.0beta1 soon, we should be safe in having a stable 2.0final or
2.0.x in Karmic.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>