[rfc] six-month stable release cycles

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:27:42 BST 2009

Yes, Please, and Thank You.

I have guided two small commercial teams to adopt bzr on a trial basis.
Technically, everything is working great, just like all of you knew it
would.  Both accurate and inaccurate perceptions of instability have been
the biggest and most frequently voiced concern.  (A usable GUI was a close
second, but Bazaar Explorer is quickly making that a distant second.  So the
stability question sticks out even more now.)

And what I really want to do is get my entire department, not just two small
groups, using bzr.  The proposed plan will help make this a grassroots pull
instead of a management push.

+1 barely begins to express my support for this idea.

~M