Nubee question

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 01:26:38 BST 2009

Hi There,

We develop php based applications. Up to now we have had one branch and just
worked on code within the development server in that branch. Now we have two
branches and are investigating working with bazaar - but cant quite get our
heads around it.

Currently we have a debian etch server at each branch that is bascially
apache/php/mysql. The users within the branch connect via samba and make the
changes to the projects.. then we are manually merging the two at out
"staging" server at our data centre. phew.

What i imaging would work for us is: 1 x central server (bzr) at our data
centre (setup just for bazaar) and a development web server at each branch
(dev1 and dev2). We have no problem with working on files among the users at
each branch and dont want to go to the stage of managing that (yet)... we
just really want each branch to be able to work on the files for each
project thruout the day, then merge them back into the central server at the
end of each day... etc etc until the project is completed...

We have looked thru the docs and cant quite get our head around how this
should work.. does anyone have any links to a good howto for this.. or are
we thinking about this the wrong way?

Thanks

Simon