RFC: branch -b should be switch --new?

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:22:35 BST 2009

2009/7/20 Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net>:
> I'd be inclined to agree with John there; I can guess what 'switch
> --create-branch' does but not very confidently what 'switch --new'
> would do.

I  like this new behaviour, but I was wondering if we can let --create-branch
take a optional branch argument. Because when I used it I was surprised
to find it branched from the current branch, where I expected it
to branch from the mainline.
I think sometimes you'd like to branch from where you are at,
but sometimes you may want to specify where you want to branch from.

--
<| my 2c