bzr mv --after and bzr mv --auto don't work

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Thu Jul 16 08:14:26 BST 2009

Hi,

I have recently done some large refactorings. Thousands of files have
moved into new directories that are unknown to Bazaar. I was hoping I
could use bzr mv --auto to guess all the files that moved but this does
nothing. Then I tried manually telling Bazaar where I moved stuff with
bzr mv --after but this always prints an error message saying the the
source location is not versioned (I thought that was the point of the
--after option).

When I do a status Bazaar tells me that many files have been removed and
that there are a bunch of directories it does not know about. I would
expect that if I do "bzr mv --after some/file/that/is/removed
some/unknown/directory" that this would cause Bazaar to recognize the
file has moved. It doesn't make a difference if I add the unknown
directory with the --no-recurse option either.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick