Couple of bzr-svn questions...

Jelmer Vernooij jvernooij at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:28:15 BST 2009

John Szakmeister wrote:
> I'm looking to write a plug-in to help submit a bundle to a Review
> Board server, but I need to get access to a few things.  I need to
> determine the repository root for the Subversion server, and I'd like
> to be able to determine which Subversion revision the bundle was based
> against.  I haven't a clue how to figure out the former (or whether
> it's exposed).  The latter looks like it might be available in the
> header of the bundle:
>   # base_revision_id: svn-v4:ad226f10-a85e-0410-9d03-\
>   #   8ae57e21dac2:trunk:241
>
> Can I assume the revision id's will always look like that?

You can use some of the functionality in bzrlib.foreign to parse the
revision id and extract a subversion revision and repository uuid. If
you do this against a Subversion repository directly it should always
work, if you do it against a Bazaar branch it will work as long as the
revision was not round-tripped from Bazaar.

Cheers,

Jelmer