launchpad teams: bzr-core vs bzr

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Jul 15 04:18:11 BST 2009

2009/7/15 Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>:
> These confuse me:
> bzr-core has bzr as a member in it; I would have expected the reverse
> ('core folk are also bzr folk').
>
> I think its confused other folk too - see for instance devnotes being
> moved from ~bzr to ~bzr-core, which doesn't actually shrink the
> editorial set.
>
> Can we invert this? and if not why not?

Aaron asked for this; you can find some history in the list archive.
Essentially it's because he's only interested in getting notifications
about bzr itself.

I agree it's a bit unclear.

You could say this comes from Launchpad having the design bug of
conflating access, ownership, and subscription: Aaron is allowed to
change anything in Bazaar, but he's not necessarily interested in
_everything_ in Bazaar.  (If anyone wants to continue discussing that,
please take it to launchpad-users.)

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>