update branch at rev 2229

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:53:27 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 20:05 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> 2009/7/6 Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>:
> > Now, bzr says they are not in need of upgrading.  So the new version did
> > solve the upgrade problem!
> >
> > I tried to update my bzr.dev branch and it complained the repository was
> > missing a certain commit.  I figured maybe I should just pull down the
> > latest as my bzr.dev branch was meant to follow the trunk and didn't
> > have any changes.  After correcting a dynamic host configuration problem
> > caused by a rogue dhclient, the bzr pull worked with only two conflicts.
> > I resolved the conflicts by deleting the files from some directories
> > that had been removed in the trunk and then deleting the directories
> > themselves.
> >
> > My bzr.dev branch seems to be in good health now, but I had changes in
> > my child branch 'giveback' that I wanted to merge up to the current
> > revision.  bzr update in the child branch throws an exception because it
> > claims the repository doesn't contain a revision I created after
> > resolving some conflicts in May.  Did I overwrite local commits in my
> > repository by doing the pull in bzr.dev?
> >
> > How would you suggest proceeding with this latest hurdle?  I have
> > attached a log of the most recent interactions.
>
> Without looking through it in detail, but in the interests of getting
> you going again: I suggest you make a new giveback branch and apply
> through patch the result of 'bzr diff' in your old giveback branch.

Dear Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion.  The result of
~/bzr/giveback.backup$ /usr/bin/bzr diff
is nothing.  So I created a new branch and am merging my old changes up
by hand.  This not such a big deal as my changes aren't too extensive
and some of the bzr conventions and API's have changed enough that my
changes warrant some significant rework.

Thanks again,

Richard