corrupt deltas and dirstate corruption

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 03:32:54 BST 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net>wrote:

> There is another delta applier 'update_by_delta' that I haven't hooked
> in for testing yet (I found it on friday). It may be there that the
> issue is arising.
>
> -Rob

Robert: I have confirmed that https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/395556 is
still present in rev 4524.  Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any
idnependent data or testing to support this effort.

John: Please note that an essential weirdness of this issue is that renaming
a => b => a works, but renaming b => a => b fails.  The 'a' and 'b' are not
variables!  These are literal filenames.  I have run approximately ten tests
with randomly generated non-degernate pairs of alphanumeric ascii
filenames.  The bug is triggered if and only if the first bzr mv (after the
add but before the first commit) is from the later-collating name to the
earlier-collating name.

~M