Huge data transfers/bad performance on bzr pull??

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 9 23:21:56 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 08:14 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> My guess is that this could be:
>  4460 Canonical.com Patch Queue Manager	2009-06-18 [merge]
>       (jam) Get rid of InterPackRepository in favor of PackStreamSource.
>
> Which isn't in 1.16.1, but will be in 1.17.

Do you mean 'caused by' or 'fixed by' 4460 ?

IPR knows how to filter down to revs and shouldn't be copying full packs
- it is possible there is a bug in there. I'd be more inclined to blame
InterDifferingSerializer though, which will do terrible things to a high
latency or bandwidth constrained situation.

-Rob