User manual patch

Alexandre Jasmin alexandre.jasmin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:06:52 BST 2009

>> === modified file 'doc/en/user-guide/publishing_a_branch.txt' ---
>> doc/en/user-guide/publishing_a_branch.txt	2009-02-26 11:28:50 +0000 +++
>> doc/en/user-guide/publishing_a_branch.txt	2009-07-09 04:50:16 +0000 @@
>> -54,8 +54,6 @@
>>    cp -ar ~/PROJECT .     (copy files in using OS-specific tools) bzr
>>    add                (populate repository; start version control) bzr
>>    commit -m "Initial import"
>> -                         (publish to central repository) -  bzr push
>> sftp://centralhost/srv/bzr/project/trunk
>>
>>  Note that committing inside a working tree created using the
>>  ``checkout`` command implicitly commits the content to
>
> This is meant to be an example, I'm not sure why you are removing it.

I should explain the context for that one.
The manual gives two ways of preparing a remote branch.

The fist way is to prepare the branch locally before pushing it to the server.
	bzr init-repo PROJECT  (prepare local repository)
	bzr init PROJECT/trunk
	cd PROJECT/trunk
	                       (copy development files)
	cp -ar ~/PROJECT .     (copy files in using OS-specific tools)
	bzr add                (populate repository; start version control)
	bzr commit -m "Initial import"
	                       (publish to central repository)
	bzr push sftp://centralhost/srv/bzr/PROJECT/trunk

The second way is to init the branch remotly, checkout the branch, add files and commit
	bzr init-repo PROJECT  (prepare local repository)
	cd PROJECT
	bzr init sftp://centralhost/srv/bzr/PROJECT/trunk
	bzr checkout sftp://centralhost/srv/bzr/PROJECT/trunk
	cd trunk
	cp -ar ~/PROJECT .     (copy files in using OS-specific tools)
	bzr add                (populate repository; start version control)
	bzr commit -m "Initial import"
	                       (publish to central repository)
	bzr push sftp://centralhost/srv/bzr/project/trunk

AFAICT commiting checkout doesn't require an additionnal push