Idiomatic working

Guy Gascoigne-Piggford guy at wyrdrune.com
Wed Jul 8 15:06:15 BST 2009

Hm, it seems to me that I'm doing something very similar, but either I've
got the terms wrong, or you are actually suggesting something slightly
different in which case I'm curious as to what the difference is (in case I
should change what I'm doing for a better model).

I use a shared repo.
I use a check out of the target branch.
My feature branch is off my checkout.
tested changes are commited to the feature branch, and then merged to the
checkout.
feature branch is then deleted.

The big differnce is that I use a check out of the target branch and not a
mirror branch.  So what exactly is a mirror branch?  and how do you check in
to the target branch if it's not a checkout?  I've got a feeling that I've
missed something here somehow.

Guy

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:04 AM, John Arbash Meinel