The second 1.17 release metronome (1.17rc1 on 2009-07-09)

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Wed Jul 8 04:41:52 BST 2009

Hello everybody,

My name is Jonathan Lange and despite external appearances I am still
your release manager for 1.17.

The 1.17rc1 release is scheduled for Thursday, July 9th, 2009. Current
thinking places this in the later half of the West Coast US Thursday.

The 2.0 milestone has 10 open bugs, many of which are in progress.
    https://edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+milestone/2.0

As Martin points out in another email, there's a lot of code just
sitting there, ready to land. There is glory to be had on the cheap!
    http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/
    https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+approvedmerges
    https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+activereviews

Slightly more expensive glory can be found here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bugs?field.has_patch.used=&field.has_patch=on

where you'll find 38 bugs with patches in the bug tracker.

Other things:

 * 1.16.1 has been released.

  * The Launchpad team has been using 2a for some time now. They're
bumping into existing bugs at a fairly high rate, but they don't seem
to be coming across new ones. We're hoping that landing 1.17 will fix
most of them.

  * The Birmingham sprint was a success. See the report.[1]

Good luck!

jml

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2009q3/060313.html