a patch for #308472: show the server version

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Jul 7 11:09:21 BST 2009

2009/7/4 Stephen Emslie <stephenemslie at gmail.com>:
> Here is a patch for bug #308472 that came out of the Bazaar sprint at
> EuroPython this afternoon.
>
> The patch adds the server version number to the output of "bzr info" when
> connected to a smart server. It could probably use some polish, but gives
> the general idea.
>
> Thanks to Jonathan Lange for running the sprint and giving some very
> entertaining talks over the week.

Thanks for the patch, it looks reasonable.

I would like to see a test that it actually works, to prevent it being
broken by future changes that might result in bzr info not working on
hpss at all.  You can probably do this by adding a subclass of
TestCaseWithSmartServer(?) in test_info.

You should either propose the merge in Launchpad or add '[merge]' to
the patch mail to make sure it's tracked through the process -
sometimes unflagged patches don't get a final review.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>