Core Dev opinions on Bug 395556 ?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Jul 7 04:01:42 BST 2009

2009/7/7 Maritza Mendez <martitzam at gmail.com>:

> Do any of the core devs have an opinion on
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/395556 ?
>
> Martin (gzlist) spotted this last week, and it was only a matter of time
> before my teams stumbled onto it (but of course we'll avoid it now) and it
> seems to cut against the grain of "Just Works."  So I wrote it up.  If the
> report is flawed, blame me.  If the report is legit, I'm happy to help where
> I can.
>
> I've already had enough of a look at inventory.py and branch.py to know that
> the origin of the problem is not as obvious as I hoped.

Thanks to both of you for the simple script to reproduce it.  I agree
it's a high priority bug.  It's surprising that it's occurring without
a selective commit.  It's a bit related to some rework of commit that
Ian and Robert have been looking at.

Just a tip - when you mention a bug in an email it's good to include a
few words of context on what it's about, to jog people's memory
without them clicking through to the bug and so that searches through
mail can find it.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>