The 'easy' tag

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Mon Jul 6 20:26:32 BST 2009

Martin Pool wrote:
> 2009/7/6 Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net>:
>> there is also 'trivial' tag.
>
> I don't think there's any meaningful distinction, maybe 'trivial'
> connotes being even smaller but I'm not sure it's worth separating
> them.  I think 'easy' is easier to type. :)

I used to set "easy" when I thought the bug looked easy to fix, and
"trivial" when it looked easy and didn't require writing a new test,
only tweaking an existing one, or something that's not tested, such
as a docstring.

We have a process for bypassing review for "trivial" patches, so it
was intended to line up with that.

I agree the distinction may not be useful though.

Thanks,

James