Error running tests for plugins . . .

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com
Fri Jul 3 20:12:49 BST 2009

Maritza Mendez wrote:
> Is it possible that you're seeing an interaction between plugins.  I
> gather from other comments on the mailing list that specifying which
> plugins to test is quite different from actually specifying
> --no-plugins.  I remove all doubt by simply disabling all plugins and
> testing them one by one before adding them back.  It's a combinatoric
> zoo, but I don't see a good way around it.

Right. Doing "bzr selftest bzrtools" starts bzr, loading all plugins
normally, gets a list of all tests from both bzr and all of the plugins,
filters the list to those matching "bzrtools", and then runs those tests.

Using "bzr selftest -s" works differently. It just gets a list of tests
starting with the specific prefix. I don't know if manages to completely
avoid engaging other plugins' test code, though.