[Success!] Re: [MERGE] Implement bzrlib.lock with CreateFile rather than LockFileEx on win32 (operational part)

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:42:47 BST 2009

Nope.  Just 'bzr --no-plugins selftest -v' (sometimes with some plugins of
course).

The fact that the bzr test suite runs in at worst a few hours (less than a
workday!) makes it very convenient.  Compared to the regression tests we run
for our large computational codes, bzr selftest is quick.  Some of our
blackbox tests take long as the entire bzr suite.

What I was trying to suggest with humor is that we all have a subjective
perspective on how "expensive" tests are.  I think kind of like this:

            Cost ~ ( A = runtime ) / ( B = cost of missed defect + C =
Probability that I learn anything new )

In my work, A and B are both huge and of the same magnitude (by design!)
--> Cost ~ 1
For bzr, A is small and B is big --> Cost << 1

So bzr selftest is a ganga!  At least the way I measure it.

Of couse everyone has to decide what units are best for themself, but if
time==money it's pretty simple.

~M

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Vincent Ladeuil
<v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr<v.ladeuil%2Blp at free.fr>