Problem checking out files with non ascii characters

Aníbal Rojas anibalrojas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 23:35:38 BST 2009

Hello,

    This error is happening when I run bzr checkout from a bzr built
from sources:

    bzr: ERROR: exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't
encode character u'\xf3' in position 124: ordinal not in range(128)

    I suppose Bazaar is able to handle non ascii characters as the
files where commited in using a packaged version of Bazaar without
problem.

    I think the problem is that when this Bazaar binary was built from
sources some encoding related library was missing, not sure which one
and this is just a guess as I am not a Python programmer.

    Any help will be appreciated,

--
Aníbal