Bazaar Explorer thoughts

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Thu Jul 2 11:49:18 BST 2009

Russel Winder wrote:

> Selecting "Settings | Branch Specific | Configuration" leads to a Gedit
> window where I expected to get an Emacs window -- I thought I had set
> things up so that my own script that deals with emacsclient gets used as
> the editor.  Clearly Bazaar Explorer is using something other than
> EDITOR or VISUAL environment variable to select the editor.

Hi Russel,

This is fixed in revision 161.

> Double clicking on an entry in the "Unversioned" list leads to a Gedit
> window opening.  Double clicking on entries in the "Working tree" window
> do nothing.  The two types of entry are clearly distinct, but I wonder
> about consistency.

If you mean the Unversioned list in the status report, it's a hyperlink
so a single click is enough. Double clicking in the working tree browser
is supported in 0.4 and later. In the current trunk, it "opens" the file
using the default application according to the OS. To edit, single click
then hit the Edit button at the bottom of the WT browser. (In 0.4 double
click launches the editor, not the default app.)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pleased you're enjoying using Explorer!

Ian C.